AT A GLANCE ………….
Things You Need to Know
- Your child must be in school every day by 8.40am.
- Morning break from 10.30am to 10.45am- healthy snacks available (50p should be sufficient)
- The school serves lunch between 12noon and 1pm. The meals are £2.20 per day and must be paid in advance. You may be able to have free school meals if you are not working and receiving benefits. Please ask us if you think you might be entitled to this.
- School finishes at 3pm and you need to collect your child or make arrangements for them to leave the school safely.
- Attendance at school every day is very important. It is the law in this country that every child over the age of 5 must attend school. If your child is not going to be in school you must telephone the school office before 9.30am to let us know the reason why they will not be attending.
- If your child has any medical problems such as asthma or allergies that might affect them at school please let us know.
- School uniform is a royal blue sweatshirt, either white, yellow or blue polo shirt and grey or black trousers / skirt.
- PE Health & Safety, jewellery, i.e. watches, rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces etc. (including jewellery worn through the ears, nose, eyebrows, lips and other exposed areas of the body) should not be worn in PE lessons. Belts with metal buckles should not be worn and long hair should be secured, as appropriate to the activity.
If the situation cannot be made safe, the pupil(s) concerned cannot actively participate.
- Please make sure we have a telephone contact so that we can call you should there be an emergency or need to get in touch with you during school time.
St Edmunds Academy
Tel: 01553 772018